- Some notes on Islamism - An article on the origins and beliefs of the global Islamist movement.
- Three dangerous ideas - Some notes on three ideas that tend to move politics in dangerous directions (see also this related post).
- The Spirit Level debate - An article on the debate surrounding Wilkinson and Pickett's book The Spirit Level.
- Review of The Authoritarians by Bob Altemeyer - A review of an interesting book on the authoritarian personality.
- Politics - Is it all in the genes? - Probably not, but some of it seems to be.
- Gay rights in Parliament - An examination of a series of debates in Parliament showing changing attitudes towards the issue of gay rights.
- Review of Statecraft by Margaret Thatcher - A review of Margaret Thatcher's political testament.
- Labour - The Wilderness Years - A review of a TV documentary series on the Labour Party from 1979 to 1995.
- Thatcher - The Downing Street Years - A review of a TV documentary series on Margaret Thatcher's time as prime minister.
- The debate on Britishness - An article on the debate on British national identity that has been carried on over the last few years.
- The EU Bill and parliamentary sovereignty - An examination of the bill that became the European Union Act 2011 and the impact of the EU on parliamentary sovereignty.
- Parliament is not sovereign - An article arguing that Parliament is not legally sovereign. This is a highly controversial view in legal and political circles, so this article is something of an exercise in devil's advocacy.
Politics and religion
- Christianity and the law of England - An article on the secularisation of modern British law.
- Shari'ah law in the UK - An article on the use of Islamic Shari'ah law in the United Kingdom.
- What was Counter-Enlightenment Catholicism? and Christendom - Two articles on the historical relationship in Europe between Church and State.
The Nazis and the extreme right
- Review of Hitler by Ian Kershaw - A review of the standard English-language biography of Adolf Hitler
- Hitler and the banality of evil
- Review of The Third Reich in Power by Richard J. Evans - A review of the standard English-language account of Nazi Germany.
- Review of Fascism by Roger Griffin - A review of one of the standard academic textbooks on fascism.
- Review of The Good Old Days - A review of a book on the perpetrators of the Holocaust.
- Review of Mein Kampf - Enough said.
- Holocaust denial - An article on this baffling phenomenon.
- What was the Counter-Enlightenment? - An introductory article on the counterrevolutionary conservative tradition.